[Zope] Passing parameters from python to dtml objects..

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:18:34 +0100

Hi,

Try to use the REQUEST object.

context.REQUEST.set('something', somevalue)
return context.someDTMLObject(REQUEST = context.REQUEST)

HTH

--Gilles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane O'Sullivan" <shane.osullivan@engitech.ie>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 3:26 PM
Subject: [Zope] Passing parameters from python to dtml objects..

hi all,
        I am currently working on a python script that is called from a dtml
method. It performs some logic and then calls another dtml method. I am
passing 2 parameters into the python script, "hidden_photo" and
"photo_name"..my python script looks like this...

if photo_name == ' ':
   if hidden_photo == ' ':
      return context.scReport(context)
   elif hidden_photo == 'None':
      return context.scReport(context)
   else:
      return context.Thumbnails.deletePhoto(context)
      return context.scReport(context)
elif photo_name =='None':
     return context.scReport(context)
else:
     return context.Thumbnails.photoAction(context)
     return context.scReport(context)

The methods photoAction and deletePhoto need to be passed the parameters
"hidden_photo" and "photo_name" - however it dosn't seem to be getting them
properly- this is the error message
Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'photo_name' is not defined

Can anyone tell me how properly to pass parameters from python to dtml
objects?

Thanks in advance,
Shane