[Zope] The Cookie Crumbler product

Jeffrey Robinson Jeffrey.Robinson@MCICoach.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:23:50 -0600

Hello, folks;

In our recent migration of our Zope-based Intranet from a stand-alone Zope
install to one use Zope+PCGI+IIS, we seem to have everything set up and
working fine except for one oddity.

Previously, I had used the CookieCrumbler product to authenticate users of
the Intranet, which worked very nicely.

Now that we've moved behind IIS, it seems that the CookieCrumbler can't give
cookies to the users anymore.  At first I was going to blame the new setup
for "stripping off" cookies, but then realized that I can still successfully
receive cookies from both the tree-navigation <dtml-tree> menu we have as
well as the management interface.

I then tried to follow the tact that perhaps something had happened to my
CookieCrumbler during the migration, so went directly to zope via port 8080.
Here, authentication worked perfectly.

I'm going to assume that the CookieCrumbler delivers cookies in a different
fashion than items built directly into Zope... and so, is it possible to
change this behavior?

Thanks;

Jeff Robinson
Graphic Designer