[Zope] Question about Zope dev methods vs Tomcat dev methods

azbok@yahoo.com azbok@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:16:39 -0000

I've been experimenting with different web dev methods for about a
year now.  I started with plain old perl/cgi.  I got annoyed (rather
quickly) and went to a perl module templating system, then apache
mod_perl, then perl HTML::Mason for mod_perl and now Zope/ZPT.

So far I haven't seen anything as decoupled between HTML presentation
and logic as Zope/ZPT.  I'm debating if I should try to install
Tomcat and experiment with it myself (I dunno java well which is a
problem)

My question is if anyone out there has used Tomcat and switched Zope
(or vice versa), I would like to know why you switched?

Thanks for any info