[Zope] Disabiling tracebacks

Serge Wroclawski serge@tux.org
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:41:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm sorry for such a newbiesque question, but I have not seen an answer to
my question in the documentation that I read.

I have a Zope server installed (by means of Debian Woody).

It works, but when I purposefully fail to authenticate myself, I see a
page which tells me there's been an error. If I examine the HTML source of
that page, I see a Python traceback of the error.

I would like to disable the Python tracebacks when I would use this
software in production.

Since this is a pretty obvious security issue, I'm sure that there's a
simple solution, but I've yet to see it.

It's been suggested that I'm running in Debug mode, but I've taken the -D
out of the line which runs Zope, and re-run the daemon an the traceback
persists.

Thank you,

- Serge Wroclawski