[Zope] running Zope without an internet connection ...

ian@mulvany.net ian@mulvany.net
4 Sep 2001 06:07:57 -0700

I am trying to learn Zope, and I got the following error when running the startup script:

------
2001-09-03T23:37:16 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.4.0-linux2-x86/z2.py, line 757, in ?
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/Zope-2.4.0-linux2-x86/var/Z2.pid'

Basically I am a complete beginner and don't know what
the problem is, I was wondering if I could run zope devorced from the internet connection so that I could get a handle of running cgi scripts from my own directories and the like before making the work world readable.

Any help or pointers to relevant discussion threads
or documentation would be really appreciated.

-Ian

|Ian Mulvany ;0| www.mulvany.net|