[Zope] Not persistent on all classes please

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:13:06 +0200

> > def saveTempFile(self,file):
> >       """
> >            pseudo class.
> >            create a file, but the file must still be there when I
restart
> > Zope if possible
> >       """
> >       self.manage_addFile(generatedId(),file)
>
> So you DO want persistence?!
>
> Huh?!
>
> You need to be a bit clearer about what the problem is that you're
actually
> experiencing...

Now I'm very confused.
When I once created a simple python product in a very different context, I
forgot to base class persistance.
What happened was that I could create little objects with icons and all, but
when I restarted zope, the objects had disappered. As if somebody forgot to
lock the gate and all the sheeps escaped during the night.

The alternative is that we have a have a script that regularly "cleans" all
objects flagged "picked" or something primitive.

Is it clear at all?