[Zope] Catalog search problem

paul dunbar pauldunbar@ireland.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:19:59 +0200

I have a problem when searching my catalog.It has an index called "Author" which holds the
name of a person who wrote a document.when i search the catalog for say "paul dunbar",i will
get documents from authors like "paul" or "paul test" as well as paul dunbar.what i want to do
is limit the matches to "paul dunbar".i don't know python so i need to use a dtml method.
what i have tried is to accept all the matches but before i output them on the screen,i check
to see if the author name the user entered to search is the same as the one in the current
item.this always fails because i am not sure how to compare the strings against one
another.when i print both variables i.e the catalog one and the user one,the user one would be
"paul dunbar" but the catalog would be ['paul dunbar'] so they don't match.any help would be
appreciated,
paul dunbar.