[Zope] Global Search & Replace inside DTML Documents

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:31:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Zope wrote:

> I've imported a bunch of files created in (ugh) FrontPage.  They're riddled
> with extraneous and unpleasant font tags.  I've reached the point where I'd
> love to simple nuke ALL font tags that live in DTML Documents.  I can write
> the regular expressions that do this, does anyone have a quick code snippet
> that illustrates how to walk all of the subfolders of a given Zope folder,
> perform some kind of transformation on each DTML Document contained in the
> folder, then save out the new version?

<shameless plug="ON">
I suggest you to try ZShell, the Zope Shell, which should solve your
problem in minutes.

you can download ZShell from http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome/zshell/

ZShell allows you to type commands similar to that of a Unix shell
directly from your web browser to manipulate ZODB's content. You should
especially try ZShell's "grep" command which allows recursive search and
replace with regular expressions.

ZShell's "man" command is your best friend.
</shameless>

hoping this helps.

bye,

Jerome Alet