[Zope] 'popen' calls not happening?

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:45:36 +0200

> yes, but where are you returning the value of 'errors'?

The external method ends with::

    return dongles, errors, success, secfeko

and that is displayed to screen in a subsequent DTML method.
It has successfully displayed exceptions when they occurred,
but it isn't displaying any now.

> No exception is being raised because you are catching the
> exception.

Hmm, as I understand it, *if* an exception was being raised,
I would be assigning its details to 'errors'. Stepping thru
the code in pdb, however, shows that the assignment to 'errors'
never happens --- the 'except' suite is not being executed.

I've also tried without wrapping the popen3 call in a 'try',
same thing (the textfile doesn't get written) ..

Jean