[Zope] trees, SQL and ODB's

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 20:45:39 +0100

> I have a little rule of thumb that if your data is tabular, stick it in a
> RDB, if it's tree-like, stick it in an ODB.

I have a little rule of thumb, if assistance starts with "I wouldn't start
from here if I was you", stick it where the sun don't shine!

:-)

Tom

p.s I'm not storing my data in a relational database out of wilfulness.
p.p.s What is your data is part tabular and part tree-like (like most data),
where does that leave your thumb?
p.p.s Maybe I'd better rephrase my question, here goes...

How do I make an iteractive DTML that calls itself AND passes all the
namespaces (to things such as ZSQL methods)?

Cheers all

--
tom smith    |    tom@othermedia.com    |    http://www.othermedia.com/blog
0207 089 5959   |   Floor 3, The Pavilion, Newhams Lane, London SE1 3UZ