[Zope] Weird problem with ZDebug

Andrew Templin zope-list-rcvr@alienminds.org
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:57:08 -0700

I'm currently running Zope 2.3.3 on a Debian potato system (ia32), using
the default Python 1.5.2 install from Debian potato.  I've built the Zope
system by hand and had no problems.  Apache sits in front of the Zope
system using the normal rewrite rules for Zope.

The problem I'm running into is that I can't seem to get ZDebug
(version 0.2.1) to do ... well, anything useful.  I'm using 0.2.1 because
0.3 only works with Zope 2.4 and above.

The test_html DTML document is as follows:

--- begin ---
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var blah>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
--- end ---

The property "blah" does not exist in an attempt to cause an exception.

Instead of getting the ZDebug page that I expect, I instead get the
standard_error_message page along with this traceback:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File ./lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223, in publish_module
  File ./lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File ./lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File ./lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in publish
  File ./lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: test_html)
  File ./lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
    (Object: test_html)
  File ./lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py, line 189, in __call__
    (Object: test_html)
  File ./lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 540, in __call__
    (Object: test_html)
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZDebug/DTMLDebug.py, line 259, in debug_render_blocks
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZDebug/DTMLDebug.py, line 228, in debugException
  File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZDebug/DTMLDebug.py, line 256, in debug_render_blocks
KeyError: (see above)

-->

Ok, this works fine at my employers - however, at work I have python 2.x
(2.0, if memory serves me) and Zope 2.3.3.  Do I need to upgrade my potato
system to python 2.0?

Any help appreciated.

Andrew

--
Andrew J. Templin -  zope-list-rcvr@alienminds.org
Recovering Sysadmin/Confused Programmer/Cosmic Stir Stick/Meta-Paranoid