[Zope] http://www.zope-forum.org Irony

Tane Piper tane@zzict.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:57:23 +0200

> ...it's written in PHP :-(

I've been suggesting for a while now that it might be time to write a
zope-based forum.

I love phpBB, it has a LOT of power, and we need something similar in zope,
maybe based around CMF?  That would allow for users and themes via skins.

ZDiscussions (or ZUBB) are nowhere near powerful enough, and haven't been
updated in a long time, though they may also be a good place to start.

I think what a basic forum needs is:

- User Registation/Preferences
- Themes
- Flat or Threaded views
- Private messaging system
- The ability to post HTML and/or UBB code
- Support for different types of catagory/forum (Public, Private, Hidden,
allow Anonymous post, etc)
- Strong security

These are just a few of thing things needed.  The features on phpbb.com
might be a good place to look at well.

Tane Piper
ZZICT - http://www.zzict.com
Tel: +31 76 5155409