[Zope] What's up with netcraft?

Mitch Pirtle mitchy@spacemonkeylabs.com
10 Sep 2001 21:15:38 +0200

On Mon, 2001-09-10 at 15:13, Martin Sk=F8tt wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 12:05:35PM +1000, Tom Cameron wrote:
> > I wonder how they work it out.
> >=20
> > I have almost 50 websites running on Zope and I noticed that only about=
 5 of
> > them are listed.
> >=20
> > Is there some way to submit sites to them? how do they crawl the web?
>=20
> I think their "What's that site running" feature ads your address to thei=
> detection, but I'm not completely sure.

Bingo.  You are correct, and I am sure of that.  What you do is submit
your site by asking "what's that site running".  Do it every week for as
long as you want your site in the index. Then bask in the beauty of
those wacky uptime graphs - impress your friends and family!

Basically, their own documentation states that they only count sites
that are submitted and are actively re-submitted.  I did it only once,
and within a month or two I disappeared into the ethereal vapors of
cyberspace...

Aaaaiiieee!

But thast's OK, as I have no /home right now. (sniff)