[Zope] ZClasses and aquisition

Tom Cameron tom@cameron.to
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:57:33 +1000

=> So how can I use my ZClass like a function, or how can I embed
=> its output in
=> an other page??

I am also new to all of this. So I may not be totally correct, but I dont
think you can or should try to use a ZClass as a function. A ZClass is a
template for an instance. All the methods/properties of a ZClass are only
templates that become methods/properties of the instances that are created
from that ZClass.

If you want to create a function then you should create it as a method high
up in the Zope Folder tree and it will then be acquired by all below it. You
can do this as a DTML method or Python Script or any other object. You dont
need to, and probably should not, use ZClasses for this task.

Tom