[Zope] webdav + ms word

Joe Gaffey Joe.Gaffey@gradient.ie
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:28:25 +0100

I love Zope but this is annoying me: I install the basic zope 2.4.1 -> untar
Zope-2.4.1-linux2-x86.tgz, run install and run start.  I open index_html (in
the root dir) in MSWord (as the initial user - admin) it says read-only.  Am
I doing something silly? Has anyone else experienced this?

Joe.

PS Running Mandrake Linux.  Also tried with the src install - same result :(

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Andreas Jung
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 6:25 PM
To: Joe Gaffey; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] webdav + ms word

MS Word (tested with Office 2K) should work with Zope 2.4.X. We made
some workarounds in Zope to support Office 2K. The problem is that
the Webdav implementation of Office 2K is worse. One general rule when
working with
Office 2K and Zope: avoid filenames that don't contain a dot (use index.html
instead of index_html). Sorry, but blame Microsoft for their s*cking
software.

Andreas