[Zope] Best way to do CVS in a project.

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 07:35:11 -0700

The CMF uses skins to control files and code.  Skins can be filesystem
based, thus they can be used with CVS.  However, the CMF may not be =
what you
want to use with zope.  They may not address all of your needs, as they
can't work with files in the ZODB.  For example, if you have an =
index_html
somewhere deep in your hierarchy over riding the default index_html.

This was discussed in more depth earlier - search the mailing list =
archives.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: acg [mailto:acarrasco@udiberica.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:38 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Best way to do CVS in a project.

Mmmm... Ok, hi again. I=B4m spanish so, sorry for my English, :-).
I=B4m trying to make the CVS of a project in Zope. A lot of people =
working in
a project with different versions, stable, development, personal, ...
I found some answer, making different folders, or using adquisition, or
Rewriting standard error message to redirect in errors to an stable =
version.
But, I don=B4t know. My question is:

What is the best way to do CVS in Zope?, How to control and check all
different modules in a project, for automagically have an stable =
version
where everybody could make changes, without break works of others?.

All suggestion can help me. An experience in this.

Thanks.

Antonio Carrasco
www.udiberica.com
acarrasco@udiberica.com
"If you look heedfully Reality, you will be able to see pixels"