[Zope] webdav + ms word (we have the same problem)

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@zope.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:24:27 -0500

It is hard to figure out how a workaround should look like. In detail:
The readonly-problem occurs when Word tries to save a file.
It first sends a PROPFIND for the current folder and tries to retrieve
all properties. Zope answers with a spec-compliant multi-status
reply. Zope send for all objects in the current folder a similar reply.
There is no visible difference between .doc and .html/.htm files.

During sending the PROPFIND command Word requests
to send the values for uncommon properties like isreadonly, ishidden etc.
Zope responds according to RFC 2581 with an HTTP 404 code for
these unknown properties. So there is strong evidence that Word is
unable to handle the response in a correct way.

I agree that working with Word and Zope might be annoying but the problem
is really not on the Zope side. If anyone has an idea or any informations
how to
get around the problem, let me know.

Andreas Jung
Zope Corpation