[Zope] Finding out what Operating System a site visitor is using

Gregg Hartling hartling@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:25:15 -0700

On Wednesday, September 12, 2001, at 05:14 PM, Steven Grimes wrote:

> I need to find out what operating system my clients are using. I know=20=

> this information is available in the REQUEST object but I can not find=20=

> a way to print that information on a page.
> =A0
> For example:
> =A0
> Hello <dtml-var AUTHENTICATED_USER>! You are running=A0{Operating =
System}.
> =A0
> Iwould like the Zope syntax to print the actual operating system used=20=

> in the statement above.
> =A0

<dtml-var "REQUEST['HTTP_UA_OS']"> works for me.

Sticking <dtml-var REQUEST> into a DTML Method does a nice job of=20
displaying the data available to you. I put a viewRequest method=20
containing that tag in my root and reference it frequently.

Gregg.
--
Gregg Hartling
hartling@earthlink.net