[Zope] ZCatalog in different languages

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:55:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Kerekes Lajos writes:
>  > How can I use ZCatalog in different from English language? For example
>  > Hungarian, Czech, Polish, France?
>  > The catalogized words are cutted at every non ASCII characters. /a', e',
>  > o".../
>  > I dont want to catalog the HTML and DTML tags. How can I set it at the
>  > ZCatalog.
> Zope's splitter may be locale aware (if not, it may be quite easily
> made so).
> In this case, you would start Zope with the "-L" switch to tell
> it the locale to use and everything else may work automatically.
>
> Of course, this will work only for one language per site (Zope
> installation).

How difficult would it be to make it SiteRoot dependent ?

Each SiteRoot object would have a "locale" field to fill in the creation
form, an empty field meaning take the locale from the -L option.

any idea on how to implement this ?

my 0.000000000000000002 euros

Jerome Alet