[Zope] Multiple ZCatalogs and automatic reindexing

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:26:39 +0200 (CEST)

Milos Prudek writes:
 > I'd like to have several searchable types in ZCatalog. Let's say I have
 > ZClass Z1, Z2 and Z3. I need to catalog them SEPARATELY.
What does that mean: "catalog separately"?

 > 1. Do I need several ZCatalogs?
If it's that what cataloging separately means....

But you can use a single catalog and distinguish by means of "meta_type"....

 > 2. Do I need Zope 2.4.1?
No. "meta_type" is available since ages.

 > 3. For CatalogAware automatically reindexing, is it still neccessary to
 > give the catalog the name "Catalog", and place it in root folder?
"CatalogAware" does not reindex automatically.
I only catalogs new objects automatically and removes the catalog
entry when the object is deleted.

For this, the "CatalogAware" object must find the catalog to be
updated. By default, it uses the name "Catalog".
You can change this name, if you feel that is necessary.

 > The third question puzzles me the most, because it seems to prevent me
 > from creating several ZCatalogs, if I need them reindexed automatically.
You can change the name. "CatalogAware" has a method for that.
But, I do not remember its name.

Dieter