[Zope] LoginManager Problem

Mike Groves Mike.Groves@polymerlabs.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:07:16 +0100

I have a python script that validates users. I made a small change in the
script causing it to fail -- I thought I was working on a function that
wasn't called by my userAuthenticate, only by my test script. It's been a
long time since I last looked at my authentication code!

Then I found out that my IT dept has been having problems with backups this
week, so we didn't have a recent backup!

As far as hacking the data.fs file, I opened it in emacs and searched for
the offending line of code. It seems as though the most recent versions of
files are stored towards the end of data.fs. I made the required change,
being careful not to change the size of data.fs.

Restarted Zope, logged in, and fixed the problem properly!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan-Frode Myklebust [mailto:janfrode@parallab.uib.no]
Sent: 14 September 2001 15:28
To: Mike Groves
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] LoginManager Problem

> Panic Over !

For this time...

> I've hacked the data.fs file with a binary text editor and made a small
> modification to userAuthenticate which allowed me to log in !!

Could you please explain exactly how you did it?
What change you did?

  -jf (not looking forward to doing the same mistake)

----
The Information in this communication is confidential and may be privileged
and should be treated by the recipient accordingly.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify me immediately. You should not copy it, or
use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not
given or endorsed by Polymer Laboratories Ltd. unless otherwise
indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.
Any quotations, offers for sale or negotiations on behalf of the company
contained in this Email are Subject to Contract and require alternative confirmation.