[Zope] getPhysicalPath()

Chris Curvey chris@chriscurvey.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:19:14 -0400

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but Zope seems to be reporting something
from deep within...

The error message is just

Error Type:  Type Error
Error Value:  first argument must be sequence of strings

the last message in the stack trace is

<zopedir>/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 250, in recordMetaData

If I open up __init__.py for Zope (shiver), the line in question is the
second one from the pair below:

if hasattr(object, getPhysicalPath):
    path = join(object.getPhysicalPath(), '/')

So it looks like somewhere along the line, my object must have
overridden getPhysicalPath, but I certainly don't have any method with a
name like that, and I'm subclassing SimpleItem.SimpleItem.

Sorry if this question is overbroad, but I really don't know where to
begin.  Is there any way to figure out what object is being manipulated
here?

-Chris

--
Chris Curvey