[Zope] Calling https urls from python script

Gitte Wange gitte@babytux.dk
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:07:43 +0200

Hello,

Yesterday I asked on this list if anyone knew how to call a https url from
a python script.

Some nice soul told me to take a look at the urllib2.

So I am doing that right now ... it has a class named HTTPSHandler() which
seems to do the job ..
Now I'm not very much into "cryptic" python so is anyone kind to explain
what this snip from the documentation means:

https_open(req)
Send an HTTPS request, which can be either GET or POST, depending on
req.has_data().

Okay .. I know I must call HTTPSHandler.https_open(req_argument) but what
is the req_argument) ?

And how do I specify that the call must use the POST method ??

TIA,
Gitte Wange