[Zope] *Designing* Zope sites

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:21:39 +1000

+-------[ Trevor Toenjes ]----------------------
| > It's not all that difficult to do.  >>>As a newbie to development, not
| just Zope
| heh heh.
|
| > You can make your own Folder Product that tries various caps rotations, if
| > it can't find the one requested.
|
| Really?  I dont even know where to start to figure this out.

Well I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader just now, since you're
a newbie to Zope and development d8)

| Is this something like string/text manipulation of the URL_REFERRAL with a
| bunch of ifs testing if the object exists?  or looping over the string?

Actually when you discover the answer it's very simple,
also Python strings have the following fabulous methods...
lower()
upper()
capitalize() (first char up rest down)
capwords() (words on whitespace (or provided delimiter) are capped)

I'd check original, lower, upper, and capitalized.
I wouldn't go rotating each char, you end up with an unbounded
combinatorial function, which you really don't want.

| Should I assume this would only be done in python, not dtml?
Oh yeah in Python..

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |