[Zope] Client Text Editor that Sends HTTP PUT statements

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:49:03 +0200

>> I tried adobe's solution a little bit, and it works well. One should
>> know that these capablities can be used for really privacy intruding
>> things. It's possible to create hidden forms on a pdf-page
>> which submit
>> on pageview in acrobat, really scary.

> That's not too scary.  You can do the same for anything zope can serve
> with
> an external method.
> Troy

Yes, but when I'm "online" (being simplicistic here) I know that. I mean
it's clear that hitting a server with a _client_ program (i.e. my browser)
can have unknown - to me - side effects like generating log-entries or
formatting bill gates harddrive. But we are talking about a document format
here which is generally seen as "passive", as an "offline" format and its
application as an not net-aware application - not a network client.

When I tried it a was stunned that even that innocent pdf-format
has the capability to phone home.

cheers,
oliver