[Zope] beehive zope hosting (OT?)

Reto M. Kiefer reto.kiefer@gmx.de
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:57:50 +0200

Dear all,

> I can not see how zope hosting in itself will ever pay for its cost.

In the case of a fully automated setup + administration + maintaining it
would be possible, and that is what we should consider to build.

Joachim, I never intended any offense considering iuveno prices, but you
have to admit that hosting with a LAMP installation is much cheaper (that is
the _only_ reason for running my sites with PHP/MySQL). And if you are
running non/half-commercial sites that is a point to consider... or renting
a dedicated server.

> However we may not expect zope to become widely used if there is no easy
> access to hosting services.

Yes I agree and this is real problem for the popularity of Zope. It is a
discrepancy between the easy setup/usage of zope and finding an appropriate
hoster... I would enjoy statements from Zopists outside
Germany/Switzerland - just for the case it is a *local* problem.

> them a fertil ground to sprout. Hosting Zope I believe could be
> such a soil.

I am sharing this belief and have a lot plans to reach this goal...

> That said, I willingly help for any attempt to make Zope hosting easy.

I would join such an attempt too...

C U

Reto

--