[Zope] Best Virtual Host Solution

alex@quad.com.ar alex@quad.com.ar
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:05:13 -0300

if you have apache in front of zope, then I'd use VirtualHostMonster, which
is quite straight forward.. otherwise, if you have Zope without anything in
front of it, you can do the following:

let's say you want the folder /foo to become www.foo.org  and /bar to become
www.bar.org
create a SiteRoot object on each folder with title, base and path empty.
then at the root folder create a python script with the following content:

hostname = context.REQUEST.HTTP_HOST
sitemap  = {}
sitemap['www.foo.org']='foo'
sitemap[www.bar.org']='bar'
if sitemap.has_key(hostname):
   SiteRootPATH='/'
   context.REQUEST['TraversalRequestNameStack'].append(sitemap[hostname])

'Rule Id' write the name of the python script you just created in the root
folder and finally click 'Set Rule', that will make an Access Rule out of
that pyscript.

hope it helps..

Alex