[Zope] MySQLDA and remote MySQL Server

Norman Khine khine@bmpublications.co.uk
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:07:07 +0100

Hello,
I have a problem understanding a concept, here goes:

Installed Zope 2.4.1b1 on Win NT4 Back Office Server, all works great, I
have M$ Server 7 running and the Zope Server can talk to that no problems,
but I also have a remote FreeBSD server running Apache, MySQL and Zope
2.4.1b1 on this machine MySQL can happily talk to the Zope on this machine
or to any other server that has MySQL installed on.

So my problem is how to install ZMySQLDA on the NT4 box without having to
install MySQL Server on this box as well? Is there a way to compile
MySQL-python on the NT4 box or should I just copy this module from the
FreeBSD box onto the NT4 box?!

Many thanx

Norman