[Zope] fastcgi and site root

Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids Matt.Behrens@Kohler.Com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:27:40 -0400

Before I start my tale of woe, I've been all over zope.org and the
mailing list archives, but I may have missed something.  Please borrow
my clue-by-four to whack me over the head with if I did. :-)

Solaris 8, Apache 1.3.12 (Oracle's, but it really doesn't matter), Zope
2.4.1 (binary Solaris distro), mod_fastcgi 2.2.10 compiled as a DSO.

The following is included into my httpd.conf:

----
LoadModule fastcgi_module /oracle/local/Apache/libexec/mod_fastcgi.so
AddModule mod_fastcgi.c

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /Zope/$1 [PT]

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiExternalServer /oracle/product/8i/Apache/Apache/htdocs/Zope \
         -socket zope.soc -pass-header Authorization

<Location /Zope>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>
----

And, of course, z2.py gets the -F /tmp/zope.soc flag.

Everything is swell with the exception of one teeny tiny problem.
"Zope" keeps finding its way into the URI when I use absolute_url.  This
is a single server and I want Zope handling the site root.

I have shuffled directives around, tried the duplicate RewriteRule that
I saw on one howto... no effect.  (Well, some of my shuffling broke it
totally.) :-)

I know of the empty folder acq workaround (empty folder called "Zope"
into the root), but there must be a way to make this work without such
hackery...

--
Matt Behrens <matt.behrens@kohler.com>
System Analyst, Baker Furniture