[Zope] MySQLDA woes with 2.4.1 RH6.1

Richard Moon richard@dcs.co.uk
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:34:19 +0100

At 16:36 21/09/01, you wrote:

> > Can you answer the above question ?
>
>All of the DAs for zope require linking with libraries supplied buy the
>RDBMS vendor. There is generally a liscence restriction preventing ZC from
>including those libraries with zope.

Sorry I don't understand - when you say linking do you mean at compile time
or run time. If compile time then presumably the people providing binary
DAs are themselves in breach of licences - if at run-time then what's the
problem ? If I haven't the licences on my system then the DA won't run.

Is this why MySQL-python needs to be compiled at my end - because otherwise
the author would breach licences ? If that is the case then I can
understand why it has to be done this way.

Regards

Richard

Richard Moon
richard@dcs.co.uk