[Zope] SiteRoot and User Access

Dan Shafer dshafer@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:24:35 -0700 (PDT)

I manage a number of sites on a single instance of Zope (2.3.x) installed at Hurrah.com, my Zope
hosting service. I have learned (or at least _believe_ i have learned) that I need to add a
SiteRoot to these virtual sites before their URLs will work correctly from the outside.

When I add a SiteRoot, it _appears_ that it interferes somehow with access privileges. For
example, I can log into my manage site and deal with the top-level stuff and with sites that don't
have a SiteRoot. But if I click on the folder for a site that _does_ have  SiteRoot, I get asked
for my user name and password again.

Is this normal behavior? I've searched all the docs I can find and I don't see very much written
on SiteRoot, so its usage is a little uncertain for me.

=====
Dan Shafer, Author/Consultant
http://www.danshafer.com - Personal Site
http://www.gui.com - Ghostwriting Site