[Zope] Best Virtual Host Solution

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:36:07 +0200

This seems to be a minority opinion, but at iuveno we are using

- Apache with mod_proxy
- NO rewrite rules
- PLAIN SiteAccess, no VirtualHostMonster

Setting up a new domain then means adding the domain to the Domain Name
Server, setting up a four-line Apache virtual host directive with the
mod_proxy configuration (most of it copy&paste) and adding a SiteRoot.

VirtualHostMonster MIGHT be easier, but we think our way is more
straightforward.

It is not the choice for extremely demanding things, like mapping "/manage"
to another port or so, but it works for the basics and is easy to maintain

Joachim