[Zope] LoginManager or exUserFolder

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers@ic.ac.uk
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 20:23:29 +0100

I'm keen to modify the authentication source I'm using to do PAM-based auth,
which is reasonably trivial. However, I want to know whether I should be
using LoginManager or exUserFolder or some other product.

LoginManager which seems to have not been maintained in quite a while, and
requires the awkward ZPatterns+DynPersist C module combination plus a patch
to work on Zope2.4.1.

exUserFolder seems simpler than LoginManger and runs on 2.4.1 unmodified,
but isn't layed out quite as I would hope.

Is there going to be a pluggable/modifiable authentication source built into
Zope any time soon, and if so which one? I'll go with that one for future
proofing.

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers                              |
| Network & Infrastructure Group           |
| Information & Communication Technologies |
| Imperial College                         |