[Zope] external Python methods

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:42:21 +0200 (CEST)

ian@mulvany.net writes:
 > I am trying to write an external Python method
 > and Zope cannot find the python module that I want to import.
 >
 > How can I set the Zope Python path so that it can find any modules that I want to use?
You do *not* put them in the "Extension" folders containing your
external methods! You can put them anywhere where your
Python path points too (import sys; print sys.path).
"<zopedist>/lib/python" is, for example, in the path.

Somewhere in the External Method documentation, it is
recommended to put application specific modules in
a subpackage of "lib/python/Shared" (named after
your company, to reduce the risk of name clashes).

Dieter