[Zope] security assertions and Python scripts

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:38:11 +0200 (CEST)

Mitchell L Model writes:
 > At the beginning of one of my Python scripts I put:
 >
 > 	import pdb
 > 	pdb.set_trace()
 >
 > which I had gotten used to doing in my product's Python code.  It
 > doesn't complain about the import (which, in retrospect, surprises
 > me, since I thought there were only a small number of library modules
 > that could be imported).
I am surprised, too.
 > However, when it gets to the
 > pdb.set_trace(), it prompts for a login name and password (even
 > though I'm already logged in) and doesn't accept mine.
That's to be expected, because "set_trace" has probably no
security declarations.

There is an excellent post in the mailing list archives
explaining how you can make a function in a module available
for PythonScripts. Search for "ModuleSecurityInfo".

Dieter