[Zope] Preventing download of Document object

Simon Blandford home@simonb.org.uk
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:51:37 +0000

Hi,

I am customising a product (Document Library). Normally, when you select
the URL of one of the Document objects the contents of the document
(msword, pdf file etc) is downloaded by the web browser.

I want to be able to limit access to the document so that, say, an
anomynous user can view...
www.myzopesite.org/doclib/Documents/doc/show_extract
....but not...
www.myzopesite.org/doclib/Documents/doc
...where doc is an object of the Document class in question.

I can use __ac_permissions__ to authorize what methods can/can't be
accessed in the Document class but how do I enable certain methods
whilst barring access to the file contents of the document itself?

Regards,
Simon B.