[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] ATTENTION: Zope.org migration issues

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 14:43:37 -0400

First, as Martijn noted, we can work with people on a case-by-case basis
when they're providing something important that involves more serious
programming.  However, providing *everybody* programmatic capability
(DTML scripting, etc.) isn't the default we'd like to shoot for.

Regarding STX, you can also write content in HTML.

Regarding why this is being done, there are definate problems with the
current site.  It's based on totally orphaned Zope products, external
methods, etc.  Getting this onto the CMF is an attempt to give the site
a stronger concept of content management and get it atop a codebase that
is in active development.

There is a migration facility that does the conversion, which applies to
Wikis as well.  It's only for a very small subset of the content that
has DTML scripting in it that we need to work individually with people.

--Paul