[Zope] side-effect of dtml-if

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:46:09 +0200

Hi,

I just ran into something which might be a
surprising side effect of dtml-if - well, for
me at least. Tried it on two different zope 2.3.3
installs.

Here's the problem

dtml-method foo should be changed, but it might
not exist, so we test it

<dtml-if foo>
  <dtml-call "foo.manage_edit('bar','')">
</dtml-if>

Surprisingly this gives the following error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'string' object has no attribute 'manage_edit'

Without the dtml-if block it certainly works.

title_or_id and other things also won't work.

Where does this string object named foo come from?

PS: Yes, I know that there are other ways to do the
above.

cheers,
oliver