[Zope] Large file downloading - slow response - solved.

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:12:32 +0300

Chris Withers wrote:

> Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> >
> > For my 8 MB file it took about a minute ( I logged it with the -M option
> > ). Now my question is, that is there a way of improving this performance
> > and is that one minute time normal for others too? How have users
> > responded, for example while using Document Library product with large
> > files?
>
> Why not use LocalFS or ExtFile and stop trying to make Zoep do something it's
> nto supposed to ;-)

Well actually it doesn't matter if I use LocalFS or ExtFile if I access
the file through Zope, when I use LocalFS I also need to access the file
outside Zope - ie. straigth with Apache. No problem there, for me the
problem was that it wasn't said anywhere that this is a performance
question and I should solve it like this. It took time and effort to
find the answer from mailing list archive.

Btw I am using Zope 2.3.2 are there any improvements in 2.4? ,-)

-huima