[Zope] Performance of dtml-in and ZCatalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:38:23 +0200 (CEST)

Oliver Erlewein writes:
 > When I have large dtml-in's or a ZCatalog (about 2000 Items) search then it
 > takes quite a while for the response. This would not be so bad if it were not
 > for all other user-sessions freezing up aswell.
Can you use batching?

If not, format you response in an External Method (maybe PythonScript
will do, too. But due to many security checks, it will be significantly
slower then the External Method).

I did not see similar freezing, also my client, too, wants to
have search results with several thousand elements to
export them into Excel for analysis (?).
Usually, IE does not allow that because it times out before
the huge CSV file is generated.

Dieter