[Zope] NewbieQ: Rendering DTML Documents

Andy Jewell andy_jewell@fanniemae.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:22:36 -0400

Hi, all!  I also posted this to the ZopeNewbies.net discussion board before I
realized there was a mailing list.  Sorry for the repeat.

What I'm trying to do is to create a web page that is comprised of sections
(Folders) and section contents (DTML Documents inside
the folders). So, for example, if these are my folders:

 * Chapter 1
 * Chapter 2

Then I would like the DTML Documents contained IN those folders to be
displayed. So, I made an index_html method in the
Chapter 1 folder that's something like this:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<ul>
<dtml-in "objectValues(['Folder'])">
<li><dtml-var title></li>
</dtml-in>
</ul>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

That works for giving me the TITLE of those documents, and there are plenty of
examples of that in the Zope documentation. But I
want to include the WHOLE document - something like this:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-in "objectValues(['Folder'])">
<h2><dtml-var title></h2>
<dtml-var "theCurrentDocument()">
</dtml-in><

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

So you can see I'm trying to get at what is probably the very simple $_ item
(in perl parlance). Is there a method for the current
document in the dtml-in loop that will render itself? Thanks so much for any
help!

Andy