[Zope] [Q] start with root versus start rc.d/init.d

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:47:20 -0400

First, I can't speak highly enough about Webmin, for taming the linux beast.
Here's the init.d script it created when I created a new startup action
running the zope start script (you can see the param's and output
redirection I added, etc.):

#!/bin/sh
# chkconfig: 2345 99 00

case "$1" in
'start')
    echo "starting Zope... "
    /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.3/start -u zope -p - -W 8081 \
        -a 127.0.0.1 -t 20 \
        &> /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.3/var/log/startup.log &
    touch /var/lock/subsys/zope
    ;;
'stop')
    echo "Stopping Zope..."