[Zope] Using XEmacs with Zope

Oliver Sturm sturm@oliver-sturm.de
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:21:20 +0200

Hi!

I'm having some problems with that combination, it seems. I can open a DTML
method from the Zope ftp server with XEmacs. Right after opening the DTML
method, XEmacs logs the message "Unable to set umask to 22 on ffweb#8021"
(ffweb is the server). Now, real problems come when I want to save the thing
using C-x C-s: XEmacs renames the original DTML method as a backup copy
(appending a ~) and creates a new object for the changed content, only this
is a DTML document instead of a method. At the same time, it creates a log
message saying "CHMOD 660 failed for /test/vtest on ffweb#8021".

I have read lots of stuff about how to use different modes for editing and
so on, but nobody seems to have these problems. Any ideas?

Oliver

--
Oliver Sturm / <sturm@oliver-sturm.de>