[Zope] Authentication without management screens?

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:49:27 +0100

> Anytime someone tries to access a page that doesn't give the Anonymous user
> "View" permission, the authentication dialog will pop up. You don't need to
> give the user permission to see the manage screens. You could create a new
> role in the root of your Zope, give that role the appropriate permissions,
> and Zope should do the right thing.

That's fine, but I need a "public" page, but that has different options when
you are logged in.

I worked out how to do it, after a fashion, in the end
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1001322021

Cheers

tom

--
tom smith    |    tom@othermedia.com    |    http://www.othermedia.com/blog
0207 089 5959   |   Floor 3, The Pavilion, Newhams Lane, London SE1 3UZ