[Zope] Web stats

Fritz Mesedilla fritz.mesedilla@summitmedia.com.ph
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:57:22 +0800

Greetings!

I hope you can help me with this. This is for our marketing team.
How do you get the webstats for a clustered server architecture?

It's like this, we have Apache running as front-end for Zope. These are
identical servers being load balanced. I thought for the easiest way,
multiply the stats of one server by the total number of servers since they
are load balanced. I laughed, they didn't. I guess they didn't understand
it. :)

Anyway, someone suggested using cluster trends. But that means opening an
ftp port on every clustered server which means insecurity.

Is there another way? Has anyone created their own stats script for apache
or similar webservers? Something like hitbox? We used webalizer before. But
since the load balancing, I cannot accurately get the stats for the
websites.

Please advice me on what to do with the dilemma of the marketing team. No, I
can't make them resign. They bring in the bucks.

Thanks. Hoping for anyone's response.

Cheers,

Fritz Mesedilla
www.mesedilla.com