[Zope] ZClass with Renderable and DTML document doesn't work

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:31:14 -0400

I'm trying to create a ZClass that will call my own render function. The Zclass is derived
from ZObject, ZDTMLDocument, _ZClass_for_Renderable

The Renderable base class overrides __str__ to call a render function. I also
modified it to overide __call__, but in any case when I view the document
through a normal URL traverse, I only see the dtml being rendered, my render
function is not called.

--
Basically I want to create structured text documents, that when rendered actually
call a Page Template to be rendered. If I associate my render function with a

I just can't seem to override the __call__ or __str__ methods of the underlying
DTML Document.. How do I do that?

Thanks

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements