[Zope] future-proofing content

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:33:41 -0700

I might suggest that designing an application without knowing for sure
what platform you will be using is a recipe for disaster.

Decide whether you will be using Zope or not *before* you build the
whole app. That said, I think the extra work in storing content in the
database will only be worth it if you know that other applications
besides zope will need direct access to it through a SQL interface.

Even if you store all your content in Zope objects (which has many
advantages IMHO), you can easily access it externally using XML-RPC.

OTOH, if you choose to use a relational back-end, you should check out
the DBObjects product. I have not myself used it, but I think it is
ained right at solving this problem.

-Casey