[Zope] Re: include link to each message in mailing list footer

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:24:37 -0500

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 05:22:36PM +0100, Tim Hicks wrote:
> Just wondering if it's possible to include a static web link for each
> message posted to this list (and the others for that matter).  I'm
> envisaging something like
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/?msg=foobar12345 appearing at the
> bottom of this mail that takes me straight to this message in the archives.
> I don't know if it's possible with mailman/pipermail (I've never used them
> in any other capacity than as a consumer), but it would certainly make life
> easier.  Finding and sending info snippets to people would be much quicker I
> think.

Sorry, Mailman has no access to the ID that Pipermail generates, AFAICT.
Also, Pipermail can be rerun at a later time to regenerate the archives, at
which point all previous IDs are obsolete.

--
Martijn Pieters