[Zope] w2k: start.bat: 'z2 startup exception'

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:51:17 +0200

Lennart Regebro wrote:

 > Florian Konnertz wrote:

>> Hi Zopies!   I am confronted with a sudden prob at startup, when I
>> doubleclick on the start.bat it produces an output in the DOS-window,
>> but it closes down after a few milliseconds, so I couldn't read the msgs.
>> I did in the DOS-mode:
>> WEBSITEDIR\start.bat > test
>> and so I can tell you now about the msgs, I hope you can help..!
>> -------------

>>   File C:\Programme\website\lib\python\Shared\DC\xml\ppml.py, line 299
>>         self.append(String(eval(self.r deine()[:-1],
>>
>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> Looks like the ppml.py file has become corrupt one way or another.
> Try to replace it with the one that came with your version of Zope. You can
> for example install the same version in another directory, and copy over the
> py file to your old installation.

Thanks a lot!! It's working again.
But a funny thing happened: I just fixed the prob now here in early
morning: -  I switched on the monitor, checked my emails, read your
advice and happily started to work.... -  (You have to know that I have
two PCs here, the one I mostly work at (Linux) and the older one (w2k),
and the prob occured on the later one (w2k).)
But I started to do the new installation here on Linux, where actually
no prob was... ;-o
But...  it's ok, no worries about. I try the new installation, it might
be better, it doesn't run under root, let's see...

So let me say thanks again,
have a nice day,
Florian

P.S: I replied additionally to the list to inform the others, that the
prob is solved. Is this ok? Is it common practice?