[Zope] Repost: sequence.sort: how can I sort strings?

danny@adair.net danny@adair.net
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 01:59:43 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Oleg,

since I am just strolling the archives at the moment
and temporarily stopped subscription to the list, I
didn't get your reply (probably you didn't cc me).

Thanks again,
Danny

Oleg Broytmann wrote

wrote:
> > (haven't figured it out yet, only workarounds...)
> >
> > How can I sort a sequence of STRINGS using
sequence.sort?
> > I don't know what to use as a "key"...
> >
> > (I tried self, str, value, '', _.None, ....... :-))
> >
> > Or in other words: What's the attribute of a string
that returns the string
> > itself?
>
>    Danny, you already asked the question few weeks
ago, and I answered -
> there is no such key. Don't use sequence.sort(), just
put your strings into

      phd@phd.pp.ru
>            Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB
without RETURN.